Looking for a campground in Northwestern Washington? This was one of the more impressive parks we stayed at in the Thousand Trails network of RV Parks.
Campground Name: Newport / Little Diamond KOA RV Campground (Thousand Trails)
Address/Location: Newport, WA on Idaho/Washington border, north of Spokane
1002 McGowen Road, Newport, WA 99156
Phone: 509-447-4813 (Ranger Station)
Memberships Accepted/Required: Thousand Trails, some public sites are available through RVontheGo.com or KOA.com.
Hookups: 30/50AMP, water/electric. No sewer at sites, need to use Dump Station or pay $25 to have staff come to site to pump tanks.
Cost per Night: Membership fees, or call for public site rate.
Number of Sites: 150, back-in and pull-thrus available
Other Reviews:Trip Advisor
Time Visited: September 2016
Open Times: Only Open from April – October. Closed for the winter.
Disclaimer: Thousand Trails did not compensate us in anyway for this review. We are Thousand Trails members currently using the Zone Passes, and if you are interested in a membership you can reference our Member #290655126 and we will get a $25 Visa gift card. Please let us know if you have any questions about Thousand Trails!
There are 150 sites in several different loops. We found some of the sites to be kind of tight – the one we chose was kind of a squeeze to get the truck in there too, but we chose this one because it was on top of a hill and we got the best cell service (more on that later). But other sites were easier, and there were a couple of pull-thru sites that the manager offered to us as well, since we were only staying 2 nights.
The utilities for the sites were shared between two sites and (at least for our site) were at the front of the site. This means you might have to break out your 50AMP extension cable to reach.
This campground has lots of amenities:
- a playground
- basketball court
- dog run
- disc golf
- swimming pool
- indoor hot tub (which was pretty popular)
- Family Lodge – with tvs, couches, a piano, pool tables, ping pong, and breakfast cafe $$
- Laundry: The laundry was $2 per wash load and $1.50 for a dryer
- Wifi Center; open 8:00am to 10:00pm and the folks inside said the speed was good
- Bathrooms around the park that seems cleaned and maintained regularly. Many of them, however, closed around the time we were there. The whole park closed at the end of September.
- General Store with knick knacks, snacks, RV supplies, and more.
- AND it’s own lake and boat rentals!
Cell, Internet, and TV
At the top of the hill we were able to get a Verizon signal that we were able to boost to a usable level in our RV for internet and cell. The WiFi Center had good internet (so we were told). We did not try the TV, but I would think that a higher elevation site would have a better chance at getting a signal.
Nearby Towns and Attractions
Nearest town is Newport, WA on the Washington/Idaho Border. Across the border a few miles is the town of Priest River along the Pend Oreille River.
- About an hour and a half from Mt. Spokane State Park
- 1 hour to Spokane city center
- 40 minutes to the Green Bluff area – lots of farms, wineries, breweries, and orchards
- 1 hour to Sandpoint, Idaho and Lake Pend Oreille
- Colville National Forest not too far away
Overall, we liked this park. It seemed very clean and well maintained. Lots of things to do, too. We would have liked to have tried the disc golf course and played on the lake if we had been there longer. Lots of people were out and about using the amenities – the pool, the playground, etc. Breakfast served at the Lodge was a nice feature.
Disclaimer: Thousand Trails did not compensate us in anyway for this review. We are Thousand Trails members currently using the Zone Passes, and if you are interested in a membership you can reference our Member #290655126 and we will get a $25 Visa gift card.
Become A Mortons On The Move Insider
Join 10,000+ other adventurers to receive educating, entertaining, and inspiring articles about RV Travel Destinations, RV Gear, and Off-Grid Living to jump-start your adventures today!