Pop-up camper accessories can take what would be a mediocre camping trip and make it great. From campsite ambiance to creature comforts, these accessories are items that you’ll actually use and love. We hand-selected these products based on our own experiences. Let’s check them out.
Table of contents
- 15 Pop-up Camper Accessories You’ll Actually Use
- 1. Pop-Up Camper Safety Accessories: Surge Protector
- 2. Power Tongue Jack
- 3. Pop-up Gizmos Camper Accessories
- 4. Portable Camping Toilet
- 5. Camp Chairs
- 6. Pop-Up Camper Winter Accessories: Mr. Buddy Heater
- 7. Solar String Lights
- 8. Camping Table
- 9. Camping Stove
- 10. Outdoor Shower
- 11. CLAM Quick-Set Tent
- 12. Canvas Repair Tape
- 13. Pop-up Camper Cover Accessories
- 14. RV Wheel Chocks
- 15. Portable Propane Fire Pit
- These Pop-up Camper Accessories Will Enhance Your Next Camping Trip
15 Pop-up Camper Accessories You’ll Actually Use
These hand-picked accessories are items you’ll actually use. And you’ll probably use them every single time you take your pop-up camper out. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Pop-Up Camper Safety Accessories: Surge Protector
Every RVer needs a surge protector, no matter how small their camper is. A surge protector is an essential electrical protection device. This Hughes Autoformers surge protector plugs directly into your pop-up camper power cord and the power pedestal at a campground. It protects your camper’s sensitive electrical equipment in the event of a power surge or a problem with the pedestal. Think of it as insurance for your RV’s electrical system.
You can purchase a Hughes surge protector from amazon or directly from their website. We have partnered with hughes to offer you a 10% off discount code you can get by checking our our Deals and Discounts page.
- Package dimension : 11.684 cm x 26.67 cm x 58.42 cm
- Product type : AUTO ACCESSORY
- Package weight : 2.585 kg
2. Power Tongue Jack
While a power tongue jack isn’t a requirement for your pop-up camper, it’ll sure make your life a whole lot easier when it comes time to set up camp. This Lippert power tongue jack can support up to 3,500 pounds and even has a light for setting up camp in the dark.
- EASY INSTALLATION — Complete with all necessary hardware and...
- TIME-SAVING — Say goodbye to cranking your manual jack. With...
- INTEGRATED LIGHTING — Four integrated LED lights illuminate the...
3. Pop-up Gizmos Camper Accessories
Pop-up Gizmos make a truly unique product specifically for pop-up campers: bunk end covers. These bunk end covers reflect sunlight to keep your pop-up camper cooler in the summer. They also help seal out drafts to keep your camper warmer in cold weather. These unique bunk end covers also help protect your canvas from the elements, a win all around.
4. Portable Camping Toilet
If your pop-up camper doesn’t have a toilet or wet bath, pick up a portable camping toilet. This portable camping toilet is lightweight and inexpensive. Having your own toilet makes you pretty much fully self-contained. Create a private “bathroom” outside your camper with a pop-up toilet tent as well.
- VERSATILITY: Award-winning, top-of-the-line portable toilet,...
- DESIGN: Sleek, modern, and homelike look, Porta Potti Curve comes...
- FUNCTIONALITY: Easy to use and clean, Curve has an ergonomic...
5. Camp Chairs
You need chairs for hanging out at your campsite. Picnic tables aren’t comfortable, and neither are cheap foldable camp chairs. If you want to hang out in comfort at your campsite, pick up some zero gravity chairs. These chairs are so comfortable it’s like a recliner for the outdoors. And they fold down for storage.
Pro Tip: If you get to relax in cozy camp chairs, so should your furry friends! These are The Best Dog Camping Chairs for Outdoor Canine Comfort.
- Zero-gravity chair (2-pack) with side table for ultimate comfort...
- 2 removable headrest pillows and 2 cup holders (1 for each chair)...
- Lockable recline function; safe, sturdy construction; made of...
6. Pop-Up Camper Winter Accessories: Mr. Buddy Heater
These small propane heaters pack a powerful punch. One of these heaters will heat up your pop-up camper in minutes. It can cover 200 square feet. You can even use it outside in lieu of a campfire. If you use a Mr. Buddy Heater, be sure to bring along a carbon monoxide detector as well for safety.
7. Solar String Lights
Set the mood and create a cozy ambiance at your campsite with these solar string lights. The Edison bulbs are trendy and cute and create a fun atmosphere for hanging out around camp after dark. This 48-foot string has a vintage look to create a cool ambiance around your site.
- Durable LED Solar Powered Outdoor String Lights: 48 ft long...
- Commercial Grade WeatherProof Patio Lights with Shatterproof S14...
- Flexible Installation & Widely used Patio Lights: Solar patio...
8. Camping Table
Not every campsite comes with a picnic table. And sometimes, even if it does, it’s not very clean or sanitary. Bringing along your own camping table gives you extra room for food prep, cooking, and just hanging out. This folding camping table is easy to clean and easy to transport. You can adjust between two heights (22 and 27 inches), and it can support up to 70 pounds.
- 【2 Heights】 This 4ft folding table open size is L48"xW24",...
- 【Easy to Setup】 Install the folding camp table easily within...
- 【Light and Compact】 This long folding table weighs 11.6lbs,...
9. Camping Stove
There are so many accessories for cooking outside your pop-up camper. From camping stoves to portable grills, pellet smokers, and more, your choices are almost endless. We recommend this simple two-burner Coleman camping stove, which weighs only 10 pounds but includes two adjustable burners. There are even wind-blocking panels on the sides and a pressure regulator.
- COOKING POWER: Up to 22,000 total BTUs
- PUSH-BUTTON IGNITION: For matchless lighting
- 2 ADJUSTABLE BURNERS: For precise temperature control
10. Outdoor Shower
This Advanced Elements five-gallon outdoor solar shower uses the sun to warm the water inside. It’s perfect for washing off after a long day of hiking or rinsing the sand off your feet after a day at the beach. There’s even a side pocket for your soap and shampoo.
Pro Tip: No shower to wash your hair? No problem! Here’s What to Do With Your Hair While Camping.
- Construction - 4-ply construction with reflector panel and...
- Capacity - This summer shower has a large 5-gallon capacity and...
- Temperature guage- Easy-to-read temperature gauge to know when...
11. CLAM Quick-Set Tent
Sometimes hanging out outside of your camper isn’t as fun as you’d like because of annoying bugs. Mosquitos, gnats, and more can ruin a camping trip. This CLAM instant setup gazebo screen tent is a popular choice in the RVing community. It’s easy to set up, fun to hang out in, and keeps bugs, rain, and harsh UV rays off of you. It can fit two or three people. The four-sided tent is six feet across and nearly seven feet tall.
- TRAVELER MODEL SPECS: Lightweight portable canopy designed to...
- KEEP WATER & BUGS OUT: Water-resistant roof with taped seams...
- EASY SET UP & TAKE DOWN: Canopy shelter requires zero assembly,...
12. Canvas Repair Tape
While you’re shopping for pop-up camper accessories, scoop up some canvas repair tape. You just never know what’s going to happen on a camping trip. Take care of your camper canvas with this durable and long-lasting repair tape. It works on leather and plastic.
- APPLICATIONS: LLPT repair tape delivers ultra performance on...
- MATERIAL：LLPT repair tape is specially designed for vinyl and...
- FEATURES: LLPT repair tape is moisture-proof, waterproof, scratch...
13. Pop-up Camper Cover Accessories
We highly recommend keeping your pop-up camper covered while you’re not using it, even if you keep it in your garage. A pop-up camper cover protects your camper from the elements and keeps it clean while you’re in between camping trips. This cover works for trailers that are 10 to 12 feet long. It also includes air vents to reduce wind stress.
- Fits trailers 10' - 12' long*
- PermaPRO ripstop fabric defends your RV from water, dirt, and sun...
- Adjustable tension panels and elasticized hem corners provide a...
14. RV Wheel Chocks
RV wheel chocks are a pop-up camper necessity. Wheel chocks help prevent your camper from rolling in either direction when sitting at a campsite or parked in your driveway. We recommend putting a chock on both sides of each tire for safety. These chocks can withstand up to 36,000 pounds. They’re heavy-duty to stand up to the elements, oil, lubricants, and more.
- EXTREMELY TOUGH, WILL NOT CRUSH: This is not flimsy plastic, it...
- GREAT IN ALL CONDITIONS: The tire chocks will perform reliably...
- NON-SLIP DESIGN: Each heavy duty wheel chock features 20 circular...
15. Portable Propane Fire Pit
Sometimes there are burn bans, and some camping areas just don’t have fire pits. Portable propane fire pits come in really handy in these situations. They’re small, portable, and they put out a lot of smokeless heat. This Outland Living Firebowl is 23 pounds and uses gas. You can set it up in minutes, and it works in all weather.
Pro Tip: It might seem odd to pack a fire pit with you, but we believe it’s worth it. These are 5 Reasons Portable Propane Fire Pits Are Better Than Wood Campfires.
These Pop-up Camper Accessories Will Enhance Your Next Camping Trip
Are any of these items necessities? Maybe not. But will they provide a ton of enjoyment and make life easier on your next camping trip? Absolutely. These pop-up camper accessories are hand-selected by experienced RVers to help you make the most out of your next pop-up camper camping trip.
Which has just made it onto your packing list? Drop a comment below!
Become A Mortons On The Move Insider
Join 10,000+ other adventurers to receive educating, entertaining, and inspiring articles about RV Travel Destinations, RV Gear, and Off-Grid Living to jump-start your adventures today!
Read More From The Mortons: