Campground Name: Snake River RV Park (Visit Website)
Address/Location: 1440 Lindsay Blvd. Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402
Phone: (208) 523-3362
Memberships/Discounts Accepted: Good Sam, Military Discount
Hookups: Full Hookups Available
Cost per Night: $25-$47/night, depending on site and season. Extra charges for dogs, extra people, tents, and vehicles. Click here for full rate details.
Number of Sites: 114, Back-in and pull-thrus available, tents, and cabins available.
Other Reviews:Trip Advisor
Time Visited: August 2016
Length of Stay: 1 week
Open Times: Open year round
The Snake River RV Park campsites are pretty close together, gravel. Pull-thrus and back-ins. Pretty level area. Grass is watered regularly and mowed.
Campground advertising a “quiet off-highway location,” but it is right off the highway and not very quiet at all.
- Laundry – need quarters and can exchange in office. Two buildings open.
- Dog run – small but does provide baggies.
- Swimming Pool – was very busy and heavily used.
- Hot Tub – Residential above-ground style, adults only
- Large playground
- Pancake breakfast ($) and coffee in mornings during summer
- General Store with snacks, RV supplies, and souvenirs
- NO River access from park
Cell & Internet
Campground offers free wifi that is okay, but gets slow in the evenings with everyone in the park getting on it.
Cell service was good (Verizon and AT&T) so we used our cellular internet mostly.
Nearby Towns and Attractions
Snake River RV Park is located in Idaho Falls, not far from the Greenbelt Trail along the Snake River & the waterfalls. Downtown is cute and just across the river. Minutes to Walmart & box stores.
Other nearby attractions:
- Craters of the Moon (day trip, 1 hour drive west)
- Jackson, WY (1hr 45min hour drive over Teton Pass)
- West Yellowstone (1hr 45 min)
- Mesa Falls (1h10m)
Snake River RV Park – Overall
Things we liked:
- Easy to get to town – we biked along the road to connect to the Greenbelt Trail that is a 6-mile paved trail up and down the riverfront on both sides, which is a really nice trail.
- Laundry – cheap and easy access – nice to have two buildings for closer option
- Hot tub was adults-only
Things we didn’t like:
- Noise from highway
- Tightly packed sites – we lucked out and had a site in the corner so ours was relatively big and private, but all the others were very close and open.
Overall we had a good stay at the Snake River RV Park – full hookups and good internet. Used the pool only once because it was on the smaller side and was constantly full (it was pretty hot in Idaho Falls in August!). We liked the town of Idaho Falls quite a bit.
Become A Mortons On The Move Insider
Join 10,000+ other adventurers to receive educating, entertaining, and inspiring articles about RV Travel Destinations, RV Gear, and Off-Grid Living to jump-start your adventures today!