Have you been looking for a bed liner but can’t decide which is suitable for your truck? We’re here to help with a list of the best options on the market. Ranging from spray-on products to heavy-duty mats, keep reading to learn what will work for you.
We discuss what type of bed liner is best in this article and the cost. Protecting the bed of your truck from weather and cargo is essential. So let’s take a closer look.
What Is a Truck Bed Liner?
A truck bed liner is placed on a truck’s bed to protect it. You can install liners in one piece or with a roller or spray bottle. They protect your bed against elements such as rain and snow to reduce rust, and they help reduce scratches from cargo.
Which Is Better, Roll or Spray-on Bed Liner?
A roll-on truck bed liner paint is the easiest and quickest to apply. It’s also typically the cheapest option. However, you may have difficulty getting to hard-to-reach places with a roller.
Spray-on bed liners usually look the best. However, spray-on can hurt the factory paint on your truck. So it may void your truck’s corrosion warranty.
If you want the best budget option, a roll-on truck bed liner is the way to go. But if you want the most professional look, we recommend a spray-on. Either way, you can easily protect your truck bed with DIY options.
What Type of Truck Bed Liner Is Best?
We’ve compiled a variety of types of truck bed liners and narrowed them down to the seven best options on the market. So take a closer look and determine which you want for your truck.
1. U-Pol Raptor Black Urethane Spray-on Truck Bed Liner Kit with Spray Gun
The U-Pol Raptor Black Urethane Spray-on Truck Bed Liner Kit comes with a spray gun, a liner base, and a standard hardener. The protective urethane coating is best for truck beds, wood, concrete, metal, aluminum, and fiberglass. Additionally, you can spray, roll, or brush on this versatile option.
- Easy To Use: Tint - Add Hardener - Shake - Spray
- Enough Material To Re-Spray The Largest Truck Beds
- Abrasion And Stain Resistant
2. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush-on Bed Liner Kit
The Herculiner HCL 1B8 Brush-on Truck Bed Liner Kit has a polyurethane and rubber granule coating, which can bond to almost any surface or material. It takes three easy steps to apply. And the kit includes the protective layer, an application brush for edges and corners, two rollers, a roller handle, and an abrasive pad to prepare the truck bed.
- J-B Weld Herculiner Truck Bed Liner: Is The Original...
- Cure And Set Time: Once Applied, Herculiner Will Have A...
- Versatile & Dependable: Herculiner Is A Tough, Textured Formula...
3. Husky Liners X-act Contour Series Heavy Duty Bed Mat
The Husky Liners X-act Contour Series mat fits 2015-2022 Ford F-150 5.8-ft truck beds. You can easily install this one-piece, heavy-duty bed mat. It has a DuraGrip HD anti-skid surface that is soft and keeps your cargo from moving around. Additionally, the mat lays slightly elevated by Air Dry Nibs, which allow air to pass through and dry out any moisture.
- CUSTOM FIT — 2015 - 2024 Ford F-150, Includes 22-23 Lightning...
- TWO-WAY PROTECTION — Its rubberized DuraGrip HD construction...
- AIR’S IN, MOISTURE’S OUT — Backed with Air Dry Nibs, to...
Pro Tip: The Ford F-150 may be America’s most popular truck, but Is It Big Enough For Your Towing Needs? Find out!
4. Rust-Oleum, Black Automotive 248915 32-Ounce Truck Bed Coating
Rust-Oleum’s truck bed coating comes in a black matte finish. And the textured finish contours to the bed. It’s a roll-on or brush-on truck bed liner that can withstand rust, weather, and scratches. Additionally, you can use it on running boards and truck bed rails.
- Flash point: 31.0 degrees_celsius
- Prevents truck bed damage caused by scratches, rust and weather,...
- Textured finish that forms to the contours of a truck bed
5. Dee Zee DZ86973 Heavyweight Bed Mat
The one-piece Dee Zee DZ86973 Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat is 0.375” thick. The rubber compound construction helps prevent cargo from shifting and scratching your truck. Its custom-fit contours around wheel wells. It works for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 HD, 3500 HD, and GMC Sierra 1500, 2500 HD, and 3500 HD. However, you can trim it for short beds.
- Extra Thick .375" (9.52mm) Rubber Compound Construction.Fit Type:...
- Helps Prevent Cargo From Shifting & Damaging Your Truck...
- Highly Compressed Rubber Resists Abrasions, Tears, Cracking and...
6. Custom Coat Black 1 Gallon Urethane Spray-on Truck Bed Liner Kit with Spray Gun and Regulator
The Custom Coat Urethane Spray-on Truck Bed Liner Kit comes with the liner base, standard hardener, and a spray gun with a regulator. The one-gallon kit covers between 110 and 130 sq ft. It is a long-lasting protective coating with texture. Furthermore, it’s heat resistant, waterproof, and dampens sound and vibration. You can also use it on many more surfaces, such as bumpers, decks, and bathtubs.
- Professional Custom Coat Spray on Truck Bed Liner 1 Gallon Kit....
- Custom Coat Truck Bed Liner is a premium durable long lasting...
- Custom Coat was developed to provide a great looking durable yet...
7. U-Pol Products RAPTOR Tintable Truck Bed Liner 1.7 Voc Kit
U-Pol Products RAPTOR Tintable Truck Bed Liner 1.7 Voc Kit is strong and durable. You can apply it to metal, plastic, wood, and concrete materials. The kit can cover an average-size truck bed. And the kit includes the coating base, hardener, and a mixing cup, so you can tint the liner to any color you want.
- 10 x tougher than other bedliners!
- Can be applied onto almost any surface: including metal, plastic,...
- Easy to apply ; Variety of finishes
How Much Does It Cost to Put a Bedliner on a Truck?
On average, it costs between $50 to $200 to put on a truck bed liner, depending on what type and brand you use. The one-piece mats average around $100. However, you can ensure a custom fit with DIY spray-on or roll-on options. Regardless of your choice, you can protect your bed for a reasonable price.
Pro Tip: After you’ve added a protective liner to your truck bed, consider doing the same on the interior with one of the 7 Best Truck Floor Mats for Keeping Your Truck Looking Like New.
Is a Truck Bed Liner Worth It?
Pickup trucks aren’t cheap. A truck bed liner is worth it because it helps protect your investment. Loading your truck bed with cargo or exposing it to the elements can cause harm and rust. Safeguarding the bed will ensure it lasts for the life of your vehicle.
Have you used a spray or roll-on truck bed liner or bed mat? What do you recommend? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Become A Mortons On The Move Insider
Join 10,000+ other adventurers to receive educating, entertaining, and inspiring articles about RV Travel Destinations, RV Gear, and Off-Grid Living to jump-start your adventures today!